This is a quick, easy and fun game that targets articulation and memory.
We used the English /s/ mixed theme.
Here are the steps:
1) Introduce all 12 snaps
2) Flip over all 12 snaps so that they are upside down. Shuffle them.
3) Have a barrier between you and the child (we simply used a piece of cardboard)
4) Take away 6 of the 12 snaps without looking at the snaps.
5) The child now flips over the remaining 6 snaps to see what stayed behind.
6) Can he/she request the missing snaps, while using good /s/ production?
- If he/she gets stuck, give a little hint to describe a picture/snap.
- To make it easier or more difficult, take away less or more snaps.
My 7-year-old opponent remembered all 6 snaps, with the help of one little hint and did a great job with the /s/ sound!
See, we told you it was quick, easy and fun!